This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.
"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.
Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop. The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field. I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."
This does not solve the problem. Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access? I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route. At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.
Thank you for your assistance.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2010-09-23T10:28:15+00:00 This also happens if you have an active RDP session open and then lock the computer! I now make sure there are no active RDP seesion on screen. i.e. I make sure I minimse them to the taskbar before locking the PC.
-
Anonymous
2010-09-16T15:15:25+00:00 I have this problem as well. Definitely seems to be related to virtualization. Is there a way to properly disable Ease of Access?
-
Anonymous
2010-05-14T14:31:31+00:00 One more, same problem. I've never had it happen during the initial password prompt, but if I lock my PC with Windows+L, or the screen saver activates and locks the machine, every once in a while I cannot type "u" in my password without getting the Ease of Access popping up. I can close it, and it just repeats, but if I close it, open it by clicking on the Ease of Access icon, then close it, it stays closed and I can complete my login. Glad to see it's not just me!
I'm using a Dell Media keyboard with the volume control knob, in case that has a bearing on anything.
-
Anonymous
2010-05-12T16:29:06+00:00 I'm running a Win 2003 VM through Virtual PC on Windows 7 ... I'll pay attention when I have it open and see if I notice anything.