This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.
"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.
Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop. The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field. I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."
This does not solve the problem. Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access? I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route. At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.
Thank you for your assistance.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-11-11T21:46:24+00:00 is microsoft aware of this bug? has anybody on this thread submitted it?
-
Anonymous
2011-10-13T08:04:12+00:00 This is an insanely annoying issue that seems to be impossible to turn off without using third-party tools or editing the registry and various system DLL files. Windows 7 has been out for 3 years now, surely Microsoft should look into this and make it possible for a users to completely turn of ease of access if they don't require it.
As a few other users have suggested I think I get the pop-up when I lock the computer while I have an RDP sessions running on the PC.
-
Anonymous
2011-09-30T11:29:35+00:00 Same problem here. I have always an active RDP session.
After hitten almost every button on my keyboard, I can login without having the Ease of Access screen popping up.
-
Anonymous
2010-09-23T10:28:15+00:00 This also happens if you have an active RDP session open and then lock the computer! I now make sure there are no active RDP seesion on screen. i.e. I make sure I minimse them to the taskbar before locking the PC.