"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T22:56:10+00:00

Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop.  The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field.  I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."

This does not solve the problem.  Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access?  I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route.  At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.

Thank you for your assistance.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-10T11:03:54+00:00

This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-10T09:57:44+00:00

    i resolved this by getting a mac, but nxt challenge is how  to turn off this notifications for this forum...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-13T09:28:07+00:00

    Has anyone found a real fix for this yet? A few of my users (and me) are having this issue on Windows 7 Professional SP1, but none of us are virtualised.

    Thanks in advanced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-05-12T16:29:06+00:00

    I'm running a Win 2003 VM through Virtual PC on Windows 7 ... I'll pay attention when I have it open and see if I notice anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-16T15:15:25+00:00

    I have this problem as well. Definitely seems to be related to virtualization. Is there a way to properly disable Ease of Access?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments