"Ease of Access" pops up on logon screen as I am typing my password.

Anonymous
2009-10-27T22:56:10+00:00

Everytime I try to log into Windows 7 Pro on my laptop.  The "Ease of Access" dialog pops up as I am typing my password, and the letter I am typing when it pops up is not entered into the password field.  I have tried going into the Ease of Access control panel using the Administrator account, turning off all Ease of Access features, clicking "Change Administrative Settings" and checking "Apply all settings to the log on desktop."

This does not solve the problem.  Is there an OFFICIAL way to COMPLETELY disable Ease of Access?  I have seen some apps that claim to replace system files to get rid of it, but I'd prefer not to go that route.  At this point, I shouldn't have to for something that is clearly a product defect that people have been complaining about for a while in Vista.

Thank you for your assistance.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-10T11:03:54+00:00

This is a HP problem. When connected to a remote device or server, once you go back to your local desktop or lock the pc while using the remote desktop, HP PC's will act as if the windows button is being held down, this causing any key shortcuts to act, "WIN+u" being easy of acces shortcut.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-17T23:16:15+00:00

    You are the man, thanks friend it totally worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-15T14:12:04+00:00

    Yeah, I found a better way. I changed the password to not contain any "u"'s. Okay now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-13T19:11:44+00:00

    the issue occurs when we take remote session and press some key combination like win+L . Try the same key combination again when remote session has ended. This will resolve the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-30T12:40:53+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  My laptop is not an HP, or even built by one of HP's ODMs.  I guess I'll just stop using the letter 'u' in my Windows password.  Kind of silly, though it thankfully doesn't reduce the password entropy that much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments