Network Share not working through Windows 7 home premium

Anonymous
2009-11-23T11:08:24+00:00

Hello Friends,

I am have an issue with windows 7 home premium, whenever i am trying to connect any other OS like windows serevr 2003/XP from windows 7 home premium then getting a pormpt to put the network credientials, so after entring the same again it's asking seems to be not accepting.

ex: when trying to connect like \Server-A\ABCfolder then getting a prompt but when ever trying RDC is going through , i checked and verified the network sharing setting all seems to be fine.

Here i would like to update that WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM IS ON WORKGROUP AND I AM TRYING TO CONNECT THE MAHCINE WHICH ARE IN DOMAIN.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-24T09:40:33+00:00

Thanks for your replies... The server is stand alone in the same workgroup with the other PCs. Anyway that seems to be a problem of windows 7 home since ultimate and professional edition connect properly to win 2000 share using the same user and password which that I am using with win7 home ed.   I guess that the windows 7 pc does not send the proper authentication info to the remote pc.  

The solution: Registry editing for LAN manager authentication level (in Home edition this can be configured through registry)

How to do it:  

1 . Open registry editor ( Start search - regedit)

2 . Browse to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

3.  Create a new DWORD value  with the following properties:   NAME: LmCompatibilityLevel    

                                                                                            VALUE: 1

  1. Restart your PC and try the connection again...

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-23T06:16:44+00:00

    Wow! It solves my problem as of now.... Win7 Home Premium 64-bit connecting to WinXP with sql server express 2005!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-03T20:55:56+00:00

    Unbelievably, I have been experiencing this issue for the last 9 hours.

    HERE IS A FIX.

    My time was AM instead of PM.

    This was a brand new install computer #2. I setup an identical machine yesterday NO PROBLEM.

    Today, would not connect to network share drive to Map.

    Finally, I see my time is AM instead of PM.

    BLAMMMM, try again, /facepalm

    Enjoy. (PS> Dont Upgrade, that "fix" is BS)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-09T23:19:02+00:00

    Thank you Gestor! After an hour of beating my head against the wall. MS kinda blew it on this one. DId not find this answer on ANY MS help sites.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-20T16:51:47+00:00

    With my heart of heart, I hope very soon Macintosh get 33% of the computers market, and Lynux (any version, even If we have to pay) get the other 33%: ALL OURS PROBLEMS WILL BE FIXED IN A FLASH!!! Believe me. THEY WILL BE CRAZY FIXING SH#T TO AVOID LOOSE CUSTOMERS MASSIVELY.   YOU BETCHA!!!

    WHY U.S.A. DON'T USE

    W. Edwards Deming METHOD of HOW TO IMPROVE QUALITY PRODUCTS???

    WHY YOU BELIEVE JAPANESE CAR ARE THE HIGHEST CAR SOLD IN AMERICA? 

    JAPANESE ARE DOING THIS AND FLOOD OUR CAR MARKETPLACE WITH GREAT QUALITY PRODUCT THAT MAKE SENSE !!!!

    HOW THE F% CAN BE POSSIBLE TO SIMPLE TRY TO CONNECT TO A F% PLAIN SHARED PRINTER AND GIVE YOU A DEAD MESSAGE: ACCESS DENIED???????

    Well, the printer is shared, both pc have WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, I turned off firewall on the pc that shared the printer....nothing.

    HERE THE SOLUTION:

    1- INSTALL THE DAM#ED PRINTER ON THE PC YOU WANT TO GET CONNECTED (HOLD IT, STAY WITH ME), AFTER YOU INSTALL IT, PUT IT BACK ON THE OTHER PC YOU PRETEND GET ACCESS FROM (THE PC THAT SHARED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE)

    2- ASSURE YOU TURN OFF ALSO THE F# USELESS FIREWALL (FIREWALL ARE USELESS, ALL OF THEM. GET VIRUS ON YOUR PC AND SEE WHAT IM SAYING) ON THE PC YOU ARE WORKING ON.

    3- GO AND INSTALL THE REMOTE PRINTER AS YOU USUALLY DO (ADD PRINTER, NETWORK.. DONE)

    THAT FIXED THE F# ALMOST 1 HOUR OF A 20 YEARS EXPERIENCED PC TECHNICIAN (ME) TRYING TO GET THIS WORKING (I SEARCH MANY POST ON THE INTERNET, AND I WAS ALREADY CHATING WITH HP SUPPORT WHEN I DID RESOLVED ON MY HEAD FIRST)

    GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THIS..... S#.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments