Deleting A User Account Picture

Anonymous
2010-01-06T01:53:23+00:00

Does anyone know how I can delete a user account picture? I know how to add or change, but I created a picture for the Administrator, and I now want there to be no picture at all.

Thanks!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-04T00:31:14+00:00

    Here is more information about my situation;

    So I opened my new Inspiron 17 5000 (Dell),

    Playing around with it, I made a photo for my profile picture (not using the Microsoft web)and a video too (not using the web). I went to the website to delete my photo, I did that, but, in my computer it didn't do anything. The web didn't show the video I made. I tried to find a way how to do it in my computer. Unfortunately,  I didn't  find a way. And I need help.

    OK. I think you're wanting to delete a Windows 10 account picture.

    Try the procedure posted by Lynnwalters_964 on page 2 of this thread.

    You will need to be able to see Hidden and System files. Do that this way...

    Search Cortana for File Explorer Options and open that.

    On the View tab, check Show hidden files, folders & drives and uncheck

    Hide protected operating system files. Then try the Lynnwalters_964 procedures.

    It's complicated. Post back here if you need help with it.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-07T02:02:31+00:00

    I'm very sorry Don,

    your help did not help.

    I did exactly what you wrote to me, I did not find the video I've made as my profile picture on my computer. Can I do something in settings on my computer to delete the video?

    Annabella

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-07T18:48:38+00:00

    I'm very sorry Don,

    your help did not help.

    I did exactly what you wrote to me, I did not find the video I've made as my profile picture on my computer. Can I do something in settings on my computer to delete the video?

    Just to verify... We're talking about the image that appears on the logon screen, right?

    Try replacing the video. Start>> Settings> > Accounts> > your account> >Your info> > Create your picture (or replace your picture or something similar)> > Browse for one.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-08T16:00:21+00:00

    I wish to dele picture folders

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-08T16:18:34+00:00

    marciabrooks replied:

    I wish to dele picture folders

    It doesn't sound like you are trying to delete or change a user account picture. Please explain what you're wanting to do.

    1. Which version of Windows?
    2. Where are these pictures?
    3. What problem are you having in simply deleting the pictures?

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments