Deleting A User Account Picture

Anonymous
2010-01-06T01:53:23+00:00

Does anyone know how I can delete a user account picture? I know how to add or change, but I created a picture for the Administrator, and I now want there to be no picture at all.

Thanks!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-04T02:58:30+00:00

    I got it ,yes very simple  TY

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-03T21:48:56+00:00

    That is a little too complicated, why is it so difficult to remove a picture?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-11T17:34:53+00:00

    Hi Newportlen,

    Thank you for Using Micorsoft Windows forum

    If you want to delete the administrator picture then you'd have to log into administrator account.

    To delete a standard User account picture you may have to edit the registry to delete it.

    Follow the steps :

    Account Type     Default Picture Location

    Users                C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\user.bmpGuest               C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\guest.bmp

        1. Name the image that you want to use to delete .bmp and/or guest.bmp for the account type you want it as the default for.

        2. Make sure that you have Show hidden files and folders selected in Folder Options.

        3. Open a Windows Explorer Window.

        4. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures

            A) For the default logon picture you want to delete, right click on user.bmp or guest.bmp and click delete.

            B) Delete and press Enter, then click Yes, Continue, and Continue.

     

    Regards,

    Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

    Yep that did it !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-11T17:33:22+00:00

    well I did it !!   don't remember how  but i have no photo now  just black box

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-11T06:56:45+00:00

    remove account picture

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments