Deleting A User Account Picture

Anonymous
2010-01-06T01:53:23+00:00

Does anyone know how I can delete a user account picture? I know how to add or change, but I created a picture for the Administrator, and I now want there to be no picture at all.

Thanks!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T00:10:26+00:00

    I did not want my photo up on my computer to begin with.  Why did you design Windows 8.1 to automatically put someones photo on the screen on boot up.?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-07T20:40:41+00:00

    Hi Microsoft support,

    I have followed the instructions to supplied by Azeez

    1. in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures there was no preview so I couldn't see what to delete
    2. So deleted all of them

     3. The offending picture is still there when I look at my account profile.

    Please advise what to do to get rid of it.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T08:06:48+00:00

    dear Azeez,

    i want to Deleting A User Account Picture in the W8.1, i followed you steps but i can't found my picture in the folder wich your said in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

    how can i delete the picture whcih is my picture? thanks!


    JZ

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-01-08T13:14:14+00:00

    Thanksvfor getting back to me Azeez.

    I am not able to read the four boxes in step 1 or your reply. I just see tham as white with a small red cross and the word "image".

    Do I need to install some type of program? (I do have Java alreay.)

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-01-08T05:29:54+00:00

    Hi Newportlen,

    Follow these two steps and check if it helps

    Step 1:

    Enable Built-in Administrator Account

    First you’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

    Now type the following command:

    net user administrator /active:yes

    You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice. (Note that the screenshots are from Vista, but this works on Windows 7)

    You’ll note that there’s no password for this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.

    Disable Built-in Administrator Account

    Make sure you are logged on as your regular user account, and then open an administrator mode command prompt as above. Type the following command:

    net user administrator /active:no

    The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.

    Try to take the ownership of the folder "User Account Pictures" from "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures"

    Step 2: take ownership of the folder.

    To take ownership of a file or a folder, you must have ownership of a protected folder in order to access it. If another user has restricted access and you are the computer administrator, you can access the folder by taking ownership.

    To take ownership of a folder, follow these steps:

    1. Right click the folder with the Padlock icon and click Properties.

    2.     Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).

    3.     Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

    4.     In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, select the Replace owner on objects check box.

    5.     Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:

    You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

    All permissions will be replaced if you click Yes.

    Note folder name is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of.

    6.     Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

    Regards,

    Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments