That is a little too complicated, why is it so difficult to remove a picture?
Deleting A User Account Picture
Does anyone know how I can delete a user account picture? I know how to add or change, but I created a picture for the Administrator, and I now want there to be no picture at all.
Thanks!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-03-03T21:48:56+00:00 -
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-01-29T19:46:57+00:00 I don't think that you can have no picture, but you could create an image that's just a square filled with a solid color, even white.
To get white, go to google.com, open your snipping tool and snip a square section of the white background. Save that and select it as the account picture.
To create a solid color square picture, open Paint.
Select the square shape tool. Create a square and fill it with the color of your choice. Save it and select it as the account picture.
Don
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2015-10-19T21:48:59+00:00 I tried these steps but maybe I missed something here. How do you do this for Windows 10 step by step? Thank your for your assistance!
See:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-your-account-picture
Don
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2014-03-07T20:40:41+00:00 Hi Microsoft support,
I have followed the instructions to supplied by Azeez
- in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures there was no preview so I couldn't see what to delete
- So deleted all of them
3. The offending picture is still there when I look at my account profile.
Please advise what to do to get rid of it.
Regards