Is there a way to turn off the "On Screen Keyboard", so it doesn't come up everytime I turn on my computer?

Anonymous
2009-11-23T00:38:07+00:00

original title: IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE "ON SCREEN KEYBOARD", SO IT DOSEN'T COME UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER?

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD, SO IT DOSEN'T POP-UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-18T05:34:56+00:00

Just go to the start screen, and then to Control Panel. In the search box for Control Panel, type Administrative Tools, or click it if you see it already. Scroll down to the Services shortcut and select that.

If you scroll down in the list of services to the 'T' area, you should see Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service, or words to that effect. It is running, and on Automatic start type. Stop the service, then go into Properties and switch the startup type to Disabled.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-15T23:10:06+00:00

Hi,

Control Panel - Ease of Access

Or WIN Key +U  (Hold Win Key and touch U)

How to Turn the On-Screen Keyboard On or Off in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72733-screen-keyboard.html

Hide a persistant on-screen keyboard in Vista

http://itsvista.com/2007/06/itsvista-tip-60-hide-a-persistant-on-screen-keyboard-in-vista/

Enable/Disable On-Screen Keyboard

http://www.technipages.com/enabledisable-on-screen-keyboard.html

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-23T01:23:35+00:00

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD, SO IT DOSEN'T POP-UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER.

Start button > Control Panel > classic view > Ease of Access > click Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard > UN-check Use ON-screen Keyboard > Save

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-06-15T18:30:02+00:00

    This also happened to me. I might contact MS because also speech recognition comes up. If i find an answer ill tell you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-10T23:28:23+00:00

    I went to the ease of access  location, but the "use on screen keyboard" was not checked.  I tried checking it, saving it, restarting my computer, then unchecking it, saving it and restarting again but it did not "make it go away".  I finally did a system restore (Control Panel, Recovery, System Restore, READ and FOLLOW the instructions) to a point earlier than when I had turned on the on screen keyboard.  Of course, I had to run Windows update again because the point i used was before an update ran.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments