Is there a way to turn off the "On Screen Keyboard", so it doesn't come up everytime I turn on my computer?

Anonymous
2009-11-23T00:38:07+00:00

original title: IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE "ON SCREEN KEYBOARD", SO IT DOSEN'T COME UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER?

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD, SO IT DOSEN'T POP-UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-18T05:34:56+00:00

Just go to the start screen, and then to Control Panel. In the search box for Control Panel, type Administrative Tools, or click it if you see it already. Scroll down to the Services shortcut and select that.

If you scroll down in the list of services to the 'T' area, you should see Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service, or words to that effect. It is running, and on Automatic start type. Stop the service, then go into Properties and switch the startup type to Disabled.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-15T23:10:06+00:00

Hi,

Control Panel - Ease of Access

Or WIN Key +U  (Hold Win Key and touch U)

How to Turn the On-Screen Keyboard On or Off in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72733-screen-keyboard.html

Hide a persistant on-screen keyboard in Vista

http://itsvista.com/2007/06/itsvista-tip-60-hide-a-persistant-on-screen-keyboard-in-vista/

Enable/Disable On-Screen Keyboard

http://www.technipages.com/enabledisable-on-screen-keyboard.html

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-23T01:23:35+00:00

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD, SO IT DOSEN'T POP-UP EVERYTIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER.

Start button > Control Panel > classic view > Ease of Access > click Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard > UN-check Use ON-screen Keyboard > Save

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-21T14:57:40+00:00

    My onscreen keyboard is still popping up.   a million times a day.  I have a keyboard.  I do use the touch screen.  Please please please figure out how to stop it from popping up every time I touch the screen.  It's enough to make me consider a mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-03T23:24:14+00:00

    Good thing to know,  such pranksters are rather annoying, the original problem was a 2 and 3 year old gremlins spilled who knows what on my keyboard and it was not working very well after that. So I turned on the onboard keyboard and ordered a replacement keyboard. When the replacement part arrived I put it on and did not need the onscreen keyboard anymore. At that point I found that turning it off wasn't as simple as turni g it on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments