I aslo have the 4gb (3 Usable) situation, Already tried that guys go to msconfig,boot, adv. options & unchecked Max Mem. restarted, DID NOTHING, but I was smart about it i also tried to check the box put in 4096 restart, And still NOTHING....
BUTTT I thougth what LBJGH said MIGHT work for me. I went to resource monitor, and guess what 1026mb was set aside (HARDWARE RESERVED), The problem is where is where is the "use max memory" button to unselect? WHERE IS IT ERRR! Ive
been looking on the Res. Man. for hours and can not find it.
I have a ATI radeon HD 4650 graphics card 1g of memory so I know its not going their. But kinda wierd if your thory is wrong I was in device manager looking for hardware stealing my ram and I came across this set up.
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 1
ATA Channel 2
ATA Channel 3
Intel R(Irrelevent)
Standard AHCI(Irrelevent)
Now What is intresting if i click 0-3 and go to Properties / Advanced Settings / Device Properties/.. Enable DMA mode is checked (DMA Direct Memory Access) Are these theifs stealing my 1g of ram and shouild I uncheck these boxes? Or am I that stupid because
DMA has nothing to do with ram?
I have Window 7 64 bit hyperthreading 3.99g. Max Mem. Dell Says I can have is 4G which I could probally have more now since the upgrade to 64bit info.
Dell Dimension 8400 Seires So Bios Sux No overclocking capabilities or Mem. Reamp
It be greatly appriciated if you could get back to me ASAP and tell me where this secret "use max memory" button is hiding srry for the mispelling and thank you very much JOYKILL>