To renew your IP address:
- Open windows command prompt Start\ Run\cmd\ok2. To release your Ip address ipconfig/releaseEnter3. To renew your IP address ipconfig/renewEnterExitBest of Luck
Sohail Khan
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS"
Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To renew your IP address:
Sohail Khan
thank you so much guys! after trying it a few times, connection is back.
My old laptop just did an automatic update and I now have the same issue. i have tried to restore to an earlier date and it still does not help. I will have to remember how to remove that new update if i can. Did you ever get this going?????
This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS"
Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.
There are two types of ip address we are using
1)Static ip address
2)dyamic ip address
I
f you have dynamic IP, then change your IP address by following the steps:
step 1: Go to Start->Run->Cmd->Press Enter..Type in "ipconfig/release" for Current IP address and then type "ipconfig/renew" for New IP address.
step 2: Either follow step 1 or Simply restart or unplug your modem/router .
Doing either step 1 or 2 will change your Dynamic IP address. Visit Ip-details.com to check your IP address is changed or not.
If you have Static Ip address, Contact your service provider and request a IP Change.
I did that so many times I could do it in my sleep now. Lynksis suggested I swap out the wireless card. It IS an older laptop, so I will probably go that route.