To renew your IP address:
- Open windows command prompt Start\ Run\cmd\ok2. To release your Ip address ipconfig/releaseEnter3. To renew your IP address ipconfig/renewEnterExitBest of Luck
Sohail Khan
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS"
Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To renew your IP address:
Sohail Khan
sohailkhan, my dell shut down while my wife was vacuuming, after i re-booted i was unable to get a connection, after trying to repair i received:
windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS
I have tried releasing, renewing, dumping and still nothing, please help asap
I had a same problem, so i entered ip's manually, if you remember your previous ip enter the sam ip manually, if not check your dhcp look at the last given ip. Then give sth different than last given ip.
I did release and it worked, but when I do renew it can't because no media is connected to ethernet, or networks.
How do i rest my ip adress