How do I "renew your IP address" to repair my wireless network connection?

Anonymous
2010-02-06T23:31:28+00:00

This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS" 

Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T11:32:23+00:00

To renew your IP address:

  1. Open windows command prompt  Start\ Run\cmd\ok2. To release your Ip address ipconfig/releaseEnter3. To renew your IP address ipconfig/renewEnterExitBest of Luck

Sohail Khan

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-12T16:34:11+00:00

    I was hacked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-03T19:03:21+00:00

    Why is my ip address blacklist i need it fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-06T21:20:32+00:00

    How do i rest my ip adress

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-28T21:31:42+00:00

    I did release and it worked, but when I do renew it can't because no media is connected to ethernet, or networks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments