Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-02T07:08:07+00:00

    Hello,

    I am having similar problem. When I start most of the time, I see black screen. Sometime on 2-3 hard boots I get the screen back but sometime don't last long.

    I tried updating the driver but no luck. Can you please suggest?

    Problem signature

    Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen

    OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

    Locale ID:    2057

    Extra information about the problem

    BCCode:    116

    BCP1:    86DB9510

    BCP2:    93441BCA

    BCP3:    00000000

    BCP4:    00000002

    OS Version:    6_1_7601

    Service Pack:    1_0

    Product:    256_1

    Bucket ID:    0x116_TdrBCR:2_Tdr:2_IMAGE_

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-03T11:34:58+00:00

    hello

    Could anyone help me with this situation ?

    Problem signature:

      Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

      OS Version:                                          6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

      Locale ID:                                             1033

    Additional information about the problem:

      BCCode:                                               116

      BCP1:                                                    FFFFFA8002C811C0

      BCP2:                                                    FFFFF88003FB08B8

      BCP3:                                                    0000000000000000

      BCP4:                                                    0000000000000002

      OS Version:                                          6_1_7600

      Service Pack:                                       0_0

      Product:                                               768_1

    Files that help describe the problem:

      C:\Windows\Minidump\090114-35318-01.dmp

      C:\Users\Gariela\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60185-0.sysdata.xml

    Read our privacy statement online:

    ****http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-06T16:17:15+00:00

    Thx...now it is working!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-15T09:52:38+00:00

    Hello,

    Is this purely a driver issue or could it be that the graphics card needs to be replaced?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments