Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T10:46:17+00:00

    My experience with this problem led me to conclude that it is more complicated than updating the graphics driver or mucking around with the driver settings:

    The solution for me was to physically remove the graphics card and all related drivers such that when you reincert the card, windows (and I'm using vista 32 bit - e8400 cpu on a g33 chippset, gtx 460 video card) sees it as new hardware and asks for the drivers.

    The problem happened to me in the following situation.  I did a complete reinstall of vista on a blank hard disk.  But I left my graphics card in the case.  Whatever windows did during the install to use the output of the card to create basic video, created a permanent problem even after I installed the drivers for the card.

    I think the main point I making is that it is important for windows to see the card as new hardware in order for it to be properly configured.  This worked for me  .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-12T07:46:27+00:00

    My experience with this problem led me to conclude that it is more complicated than updating the graphics driver or mucking around with the driver settings:

     

    The solution for me was to physically remove the graphics card and all related drivers such that when you reincert the card, windows (and I'm using vista 32 bit - e8400 cpu on a g33 chippset, gtx 460 video card) sees it as new hardware and asks for the drivers.

     

    The problem happened to me in the following situation.  I did a complete reinstall of vista on a blank hard disk.  But I left my graphics card in the case.  Whatever windows did during the install to use the output of the card to create basic video, created a permanent problem even after I installed the drivers for the card.

     

    I think the main point I making is that it is important for windows to see the card as new hardware in order for it to be properly configured.  This worked for me  .

    Have the same problem right now on my. HP Elitebook 8560p!

    I haven´t download any updates for the graficcard and yesterday it this problem started when i started we i was visiting a site whit the an video on.

    I don't think the problem is the computer. It's exploder that is the problem. Becouse when i start the same movie whit Safari it work perfect!

    Whit other words! This is a 100% windows error right now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-25T02:02:07+00:00

    mine is different

    Problem signature:

    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional information about the problem:

    BCCode: 116

    BCP1: 84B78308

    BCP2: 8EA399B0

    BCP3: 00000000

    BCP4: 0000000C

    OS Version: 6_1_7600

    Service Pack: 0_0

    Product: 256_1

    Files that help describe the problem:

    C:\Windows\Minidump\082513-15537-01.dmp

    C:\Users\sabang\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35303-0.sysdata.xml

    Read our privacy statement online:

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-30T08:39:55+00:00

    I've had about 20 of these in the past three days. I've tried multiple drivers for my GPU, I've tried pulling out my RAM 1 by 1, the case is clean with no obstructions and all fans are working. About to do a clean install of windows but any info people can give would be helpful.

    Unexpected shutdown

    Problem signature:

      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen

      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

      Locale ID:    2057

    Additional information about the problem:

      BCCode:    116

      BCP1:    FFFFFA8008202010

      BCP2:    FFFFF88007BEB700

      BCP3:    FFFFFFFFC000009A

      BCP4:    0000000000000004

      OS Version:    6_1_7601

      Service Pack:    1_0

      Product:    768_1

    Files that help describe the problem:

      C:\Windows\Minidump\082813-11218-01.dmp

      C:\Users\Haxorz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30796-0.sysdata.xml

    Read our privacy statement online:

      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments