Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-24T11:51:09+00:00

    Same problem

    Sorunlu Olay Ad

    BlueScreen

    OS Sürümü: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

    Yerel Kimlik: 1055

    BCCode: 116

    BCP1: FFFFFA800CDF2010

    BCP2: FFFFF88007BFE6C4

    BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A

    BCP4: 0000000000000004

    OS Version: 6_1_7601

    Service Pack: 1_0

    Product: 768_1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-07T21:17:28+00:00

    I have the same problem like everyone here, but it seems like every forum i visit has the same response, update video card drivers, and everyone is doing it, and they still have the problem, i'm starting to think there is no solution for this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-20T04:29:46+00:00

    I am having same problem:

    BCCode: 116

      BCP1: 85947510

      BCP2: 8E143ED8

      BCP3: 00000000

      BCP4: 00000002

      OS Version: 6_0_6002

      Service Pack: 2_0

      Product: 768_1

    I just reinstalled vista 32 bit:  I am not using the most recent nvidva driver but am using the one that worked best for me (301) and I never had this problem before I reinstalled.  I will try the most recent driver, but it is just so strange that I never had this before and I am using the same software and same drivers as I previously did with one exception.  Instead of real player 15, I now have real player 16.

    I did not have the problem right away, but began to have it around the time I installed real player.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-21T23:35:48+00:00

    Really you suggest that? I mean I am not a person who will rage but as someone already said , its my precious computer at stake. Please stop suggesting to "upgrade drivers" or "install updates" WE ALREADY DID THAT. WE ALREADY TRIED EVERYTHING. The error occurs.

    Try setting the power options to Performance. Then click advanced options and go to PCI express...then set it to OFF , and don't activate the stupid power saving mode. It fixed my issue for  4 days...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments