Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-12T16:54:13+00:00

    I have the solution! Download and install "Windows Kit WinDBG" go to file tab than Symbole file path, write down this command "SRV * c:\localsymbols* http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols" (note that you might to change the C:\ to your hard drive letter where windows is install, i have 3 hard drive, E:, F:, C: and my windows is in C:) After that. go you here C"\Windows you will find the file "MEMORY.DMP" file, copy it to your desktop. Than go back to WinDBG file tab, than click "Open Crash Drumb" and open the "MEMORY.DMP" a bunch of text will appear, Find the text line "Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information." Click on !analyze -v more text will appear. Than look for the line "DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: [...]" for me it was "DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT" that will help you get a very good idea of causing the computer problems. Mine was a Driver! Also!!! also look for the line "MODULE_NAME: [...]" Mine says "MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm" The file nvlddmkm was corrupte, broken, KABOOM! witch was creating a bluescreen (tip: if a bleu screen stays, its most probably a hardware problem, if you see a bluescreen and it reboot right away its a computer configuration problem!) To fix my problem i followed these steps here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15700040439

    Hope it was helpfull!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-13T20:02:17+00:00

    I have been experiencing 116 BSODs - 38 in 2015.  I have an nVIDIA graphics card, and I have tried various graphics drivers.  I even re-seated the card and installed a new card.  I have run each of my dumps (I have full dumps and minidumps for most of the BSODs) through WInDBG, and all have "MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm".  I installed the latest driver 340.81 on 10/07, and two days later I experienced a 116 BSOD.  Today I copied the 341.81 nviddmkm.sy_ to \temp and then ran "expand -r".  The resulting file was identical to the Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys file.  THis seems to imply that my nvlddmkm.sys file is not corrupted.  All but one of the BSODs have occurred when I was not at the computer.  The one time when I was at the computer I was looking at a Windows Update window.  The window was not wide enough to see all of the information, so I went to make the window wider.  The system hung for one second and then rebooted with the 116 BSOD.  I would have thought that I would have experienced a longer "hang" time before the BSOD.

    I have all of the dumps; I have a script that renames the MEMORY.DMP file to MEMORY.yymmdd.hhmm.DMP.  The nVIDIA support staff do not know what is happening.  Would there be anything in the dump (either full or mini) that would give more information as to what is happening?  I do not know enough about Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) internals to be able to determine anything from the dumps.

    --Barry Finkel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-13T23:38:38+00:00

    I have been experiencing 116 BSODs - 38 in 2015.  I have an nVIDIA graphics card, and I have tried various graphics drivers.  I even re-seated the card and installed a new card.  I have run each of my dumps (I have full dumps and minidumps for most of the BSODs) through WInDBG, and all have "MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm".  I installed the latest driver 340.81 on 10/07, and two days later I experienced a 116 BSOD.  Today I copied the 341.81 nviddmkm.sy_ to \temp and then ran "expand -r".  The resulting file was identical to the Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys file.  THis seems to imply that my nvlddmkm.sys file is not corrupted.  All but one of the BSODs have occurred when I was not at the computer.  The one time when I was at the computer I was looking at a Windows Update window.  The window was not wide enough to see all of the information, so I went to make the window wider.  The system hung for one second and then rebooted with the 116 BSOD.  I would have thought that I would have experienced a longer "hang" time before the BSOD.

    I have all of the dumps; I have a script that renames the MEMORY.DMP file to MEMORY.yymmdd.hhmm.DMP.  The nVIDIA support staff do not know what is happening.  Would there be anything in the dump (either full or mini) that would give more information as to what is happening?  I do not know enough about Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) internals to be able to determine anything from the dumps.

    --Barry Finkel

    Barry - you noted that you have reseated, reinstalled, and swapped cards; thus, I would suggest that it may be a hardware problem unrelated to the card and driver. 

    It could be a problem with the motherboard (e.g., the PCI slot or related circuitry). 

    It could also be a problem with the power supply (PSU).  Do you have a brand-named PSU or a generic one and how old is it.  PSUs often die a slow death - they just don't quit working but rather sporatically create voltage problems caused by wear and tear of the PSU.  When this happens, you get the BSOD; but since the PSU is not consistently failing, it will still work. 

    To test this, try to borrow a PSU and swap it out with the one you have.  Make sure the PSU has enough power to run your system (graphic cards can use a lot of power and the manufacturer will state the power requirements to run the card). If this solves the problem, get a new PSU. 

    If it was me, if it wasn't the PSU then I would swap the mother board out but that can be a lot of work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-22T20:14:31+00:00

    Here is an update.  I am looking for software that will log the motherboard voltages.  I have yet to find one that works.  But I am not sure that any software will be able to log successfully a voltage event, when that voltage event causes a 116 BSOD.  The software I have tested either 1) does not have a logging facility, or 2) the voltages logged in a test were not correct, or 3) I could not determine how to get the values logged.

    My motherboard is an Intel DP965LT that I installed May, 2013 when my previous motherboard failed.  One of my brothers also suggested a PCI bus problem.

    The power supply dates from December, 2009 and is a Thermaltake TT W0070RUC 430W.

    I do not know the average lifetime of a power supply.

    Back on 07/19/2013 I added HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\TdrDdiDelay with a value of decimal 10.  Two days later I added TdrDelay with the same decimal 10 value.  I just ran regedit, and I see that HKLM has been renamed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and in the GraphicsDrivers level  I see five sub-levels:

         AdditionalModelLists

         Configuration

         Connectivity

         DCI

         UserNewKey

    I do not see the items I added in July, 2013.  Do they still pertain to the timeout problem?  Should I re-add the entries?  If so, where - in the GraphicsDrivers level or a lower level?

    Thanks.

    --Barry Finkel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments