Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-09T15:27:03+00:00

    Sorry for the lapse -- it is a 64-bit machine -- my first one quite so advanced in technology!  I'm having a bit of a time playing "catch up." <G>  And I can't find where to uninstall any hardware in 7.  (In XP I can go right to it!  Hey Microsoft!  LOL) 

    I did get to an error reporting screen in my search, and found a bunch of warnings, cautions and problem reports -- which mean absolutely nothing to me.  The online Help pages aren't much help either.  I guess I need to go back to school for awhile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-09T02:01:18+00:00

    It sounds like a driver problem.  search for device manager. go to display driver, have a look at properties, then opt for update driver - if windows says you already have the most up-to-date driver, uninstall the device, and reboot, windows should then reinstall the driver - it's possible the driver has become corrupted. 

    But this issue of it referring to VISTA is another problem.  Although typically vista and win7 drivers are the same but that it mentions it may be the result of a previous driver on the machine which was never completely uninstalled.

    You did not mention whether you have 32 or 64 bit - make sure you have the driver that matches the OS.

    Also ID the model of the Graphics accelerator, go to Compaq website and download the driver they recommend they manually install it.  Beware though that companies like Compaq often make changes to the hardware so even though it looks like just a regular intel device, it may have been changed by compq - as such always best to get stuff from Compaq site

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-08T23:03:07+00:00

    Slightly different error code here as well.  Mine is a HP Compaq 8000 Elite Convertible Minitower PC

    This is a rebuilt computer bought from Office Max and just put into use on January 4th 2014.  I have been getting monitor blackouts, with the error notice "**Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered.**Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista stopped responding and has successfully recovered."  (Thing is, I'm not running Vista, I'm running 7 Home Premium!)  That's a nuisance, but all of a sudden I got a blue screen crash as well:

    Problem signature:

      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen

      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

      Locale ID:    1033

    "Additional information about the problem:

      BCCode:    116

      BCP1:    FFFFFA8005F124E0

      BCP2:    FFFFF88004035CB0

      BCP3:    0000000000000000

      BCP4:    000000000000000C

      OS Version:    6_1_7601

      Service Pack:    1_0

      Product:    256_1"

    I inadvertently had Visual Bee installed on the machine.  I thought I had successfully uninstalled it, but maybe one or more of my graphics drivers went with it?  I've never encountered anything like this before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-21T09:20:19+00:00

    hi,

    i too face the same problem but different error codes

    can u help me what to do for the promblem

    Problem signature:

      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

      Locale ID: 16393

    Additional information about the problem:

      BCCode: 116

      BCP1: 84CE8510

      BCP2: 8DC419B0

      BCP3: 00000000

      BCP4: 00000002

      OS Version: 6_1_7600

      Service Pack: 0_0

      Product: 256_1

    Files that help describe the problem:

      C:\Windows\Minidump\011914-11731-01.dmp

      C:\Users\dattu\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-25989-0.sysdata.xml

    thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments