Blue Screen BCCode 116

Anonymous
2010-01-04T01:42:05+00:00

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-04T23:06:26+00:00

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft answers.

 I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

 Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T22:37:23+00:00

    I have Nvidia GeForce G210 graphics card, Pentium Duel Core CPU with 4 gigs of ram, I have the issue fixed , thanks again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T00:04:10+00:00

    I have heard of this problem as well.   I think what happens is the program (or people manually) try to, in effect, overclock their graphics card/chip - which results in instability (as you experienced) - I would still consider it to be a "driver" problem though in this case attributed to improper settings.  You should consider getting a graphics card (if you have a PCI express 16 x slot - it will greatly improve your PC performance especially with games - something like a used gts 450 or gts 650 which do not require a lot of power - you have to make sure your power supply unit will support the card...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T22:36:27+00:00

    Actually the game I was playing was the problem, I downloaded a program to help the game run better , but thanks for the info it's still helpful

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-10T12:50:20+00:00

    Thank you!  I installed a new driver directly from HP and it seems to have worked.  Further, thank you for that reassurance! -- that listing gave me cause for pause.  I'm happy to know it's just a record of whatever problems have happened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments