Windows 7 Error code 80070103

Anonymous
2009-11-11T10:41:07+00:00

Windows 7 won't install nVidea Geforce 7300 GT update on a windows 7 64bit machine

Any sugestions ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-11T22:56:25+00:00

Hi OneToo

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

We receive this error message when you are trying to update driver from Windows update and installing a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed.

Here are the below links  for reference: Windows Update error 80070103

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070103

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032

I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.                   Restart the computer.

iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Link for reference: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

  Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-24T23:10:11+00:00

    I could not figure out how to do this. No help at all. 

    More frustrations. 

    Instructions were difficult to understand and follow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-26T18:39:10+00:00

    Samhrutha - I am seeing this error because my Microsoft 7 service pack 1 OS is telling me that I need to run this "important" update. If I go to the device manager (as you suggest), it tells me that the driver is updated. Also, suggesting to uninstall a video driver and reinstall it seems a little reckless.  I mean sure, we can do this but ....really I just want the OS to stop alerting the user if the driver is updated. I'm the "go to" in a small business for IT matters so this bug is creating work for me unnecessarily.

    thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-04T00:15:24+00:00

    Perhaps a stupid question....but why on Earth would Windows tell me that an update is "important" if I already have a better version, just to give me an error code?? Annoying and a pain in the **** to try and do it, just to find out it was not "important" or necessary...grrrrrr.

    For instance, I just got this error code when trying to dld an update today for  this:  

    Quanta Computer Inc. - Streaming Media and Broadcast - Integrated Webcam

    Installation date: ‎9/‎3/‎2016 5:03 PM

    Installation status: Failed

    Error details: Code 80070103

    Update type: Recommended

    Quanta Computer Inc. Streaming Media and Broadcast software update released in May, 2010

    More information: 

    http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

    Help and Support: 

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

    (never heard of Quanta either)

    Any info?   Thanks!! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-09T17:03:02+00:00

    Brad, thank you so much, but I'm not sure which page I should be on to see these arrows. I would loooooooooove to liberate the shut down button, so please let me know where to look for these. Thanks!!

    Just go to Windows Update(WINDOWS KEY+PAUSE/BREAK then click on Windows Update in the bottom left of the new window).  Search for updates, then when the list comes up, right click on the update that doesn't work or doesn't need to be applied and choose HIDE UPDATE.  This will cause your system to ignore the update from now on.  You can always Un-hide these at a later time.  The link to do that is located on the left menu of the Windows Update window.

    Good Luck,

    Brandon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments