Windows 7 Error code 80070103

Anonymous
2009-11-11T10:41:07+00:00

Windows 7 won't install nVidea Geforce 7300 GT update on a windows 7 64bit machine

Any sugestions ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-11T22:56:25+00:00

Hi OneToo

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

We receive this error message when you are trying to update driver from Windows update and installing a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed.

Here are the below links  for reference: Windows Update error 80070103

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070103

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032

I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.                   Restart the computer.

iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Link for reference: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

  Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-14T15:59:42+00:00

    Brad, thank you so much, but I'm not sure which page I should be on to see these arrows. I would loooooooooove to liberate the shut down button, so please let me know where to look for these. Thanks!!

    If you go into "Windows Update" on you PC (should be in start menu) then you can find the failed update there. Then right click on the update and click "hide" just like Brad suggested. I've just done that for my problem update and now have my shut down button back to normal. Hope that helps :)

    I don't want to know how much time I wasted trying to find a solution to this problem. Your directions worked. Thanks so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-14T16:15:45+00:00

    No prob :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-20T09:29:55+00:00

    Never mind - I finally found that page that shows the "hide" option for the failed update and I have clicked "hide." The shut down button hasn't changed yet, but maybe I need to restart for that to happen. Anyway, we're closing in on it - thanks again to both Brad and Alex.

    Could you tell us how you managed to see the "hide" option?

    I still can't see anything else than "View details" and "Copy details" as you mentioned in your previous mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-20T15:42:30+00:00

    Sure! Go to "All Programs," select "Windows Update," which opens Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Windows Update (or you can just go straight to Control Panel and find Windows Update, which will probably be the last item) . In the middle of the pane, you'll see Important and Optional updates available. Click any of them. A new window will open (Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Windows Update>Select updates to install). Right click any of what's displayed and then you should see the popup that says Copy Details or Hide Update. Select Hide and it should go "poof!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments