Windows 7 Error code 80070103

Anonymous
2009-11-11T10:41:07+00:00

Windows 7 won't install nVidea Geforce 7300 GT update on a windows 7 64bit machine

Any sugestions ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-11T22:56:25+00:00

Hi OneToo

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

We receive this error message when you are trying to update driver from Windows update and installing a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed.

Here are the below links  for reference: Windows Update error 80070103

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070103

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032

I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.                   Restart the computer.

iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Link for reference: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

  Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-01T22:47:43+00:00

    Go to www.Nvidia.com select support, drivers and identify yours or let the script "discover and identify your card.

    Then down load and install. If you don't have 3-D compatible hardware, use the custom install, and uncheck the 3-D option(s).

    I think I got this error due to having installed an Intel driver from Intel, and it is newer or is more compatible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T22:01:57+00:00

    Like others here, I have encountered the same message, although mine has to do with Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have verified that I have the latest version of 4600, which is probably why the "update" cannot complete. 

    However, I usually put my computer in sleep mode when I'm not using it. I rely on the button that says "SHUT DOWN" to let me know when it's time to install Windows updates. How do I get it to stop reading "SHUT DOWN" and return to normal?

    In the bottom right hand corner, you should see two black arrows that point up. Click on that and you will see a blue paper looking symbol, it will have the windows icon on there. Click on that to open it up and show the updates that need to be done. When you see the choices, click on whatever update won't update properly. Right click on it, and click hide update. This will stop the "Shutdown" icon with the update symbol next to it in your start menu. This will also stop the update from trying over and over, even though you are up to date with everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-04T00:29:22+00:00

    Brad, thank you so much, but I'm not sure which page I should be on to see these arrows. I would loooooooooove to liberate the shut down button, so please let me know where to look for these. Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-04T07:44:50+00:00

    Brad, thank you so much, but I'm not sure which page I should be on to see these arrows. I would loooooooooove to liberate the shut down button, so please let me know where to look for these. Thanks!!

    If you go into "Windows Update" on you PC (should be in start menu) then you can find the failed update there. Then right click on the update and click "hide" just like Brad suggested. I've just done that for my problem update and now have my shut down button back to normal. Hope that helps :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments