Windows 7 Error code 80070103

Anonymous
2009-11-11T10:41:07+00:00

Windows 7 won't install nVidea Geforce 7300 GT update on a windows 7 64bit machine

Any sugestions ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-11T22:56:25+00:00

Hi OneToo

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

We receive this error message when you are trying to update driver from Windows update and installing a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed.

Here are the below links  for reference: Windows Update error 80070103

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070103

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032

I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.                   Restart the computer.

iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Link for reference: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

  Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-01T22:47:43+00:00

    Go to www.Nvidia.com select support, drivers and identify yours or let the script "discover and identify your card.

    Then down load and install. If you don't have 3-D compatible hardware, use the custom install, and uncheck the 3-D option(s).

    I think I got this error due to having installed an Intel driver from Intel, and it is newer or is more compatible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-01T15:51:08+00:00

    Like others here, I have encountered the same message, although mine has to do with Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have verified that I have the latest version of 4600, which is probably why the "update" cannot complete. 

    However, I usually put my computer in sleep mode when I'm not using it. I rely on the button that says "SHUT DOWN" to let me know when it's time to install Windows updates. How do I get it to stop reading "SHUT DOWN" and return to normal?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-17T04:57:22+00:00

    I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

    i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

    ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

    iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

     

    If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

    i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

    ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

    iii.                   Restart the computer.

    iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

    v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

    I have the same problem as OneToo.

    I tried your first recommendation, but this failed also. I'm hesitant to try your second recommendation because it's my NVIDIA display driver I'm trying to update. Won't my computer go blank if I uninstall this driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more