You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2010-03-29T13:13:21+00:00 I also have a problem with the snipping tool. It just isn't on my PC anywhere I have windows 7 professional 64 bit. I have looked on the internet and there are lots of other people with 64bit windows 7 having the same problem.
-
Anonymous
2010-03-24T11:07:17+00:00 Hello goatsonfire,
The only other thing to try is a clean boot and see if another program is interferring once you uncheck it in the settings above.
KB 929135 - How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
I would like to see if any startup items or third party services could be causing the issue. This is called a clean boot. You will Disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service.
The steps below will place your computer into a “clean boot”, meaning using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that we can determine whether a background program is interfering.
· Click Start on your Desktop
· Type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
· On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
· Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
· Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
· Click OK.
· When you are prompted, click Restart.
Once the computer is back to your Desktop, check to see if you are still having the problem.
If the issue is resolved by placing the machine in “clean boot” then we have some sort of third party application and or service running that is possibly interfering. To determine which program(s) and or service(s) that is causing this, we would need to go back into “msconfig” and start to enable programs and services and reboot until we see which one causes the problem.
If placing the computer in “clean boot” does not fix the issue or after the troubleshooting is done, follow the steps above “To return your computer back to normal boot”.
How to set your computer back, to boot normal:
- Click the Start orb on your Desktop
- In the Start Search box. Type msconfig, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Click the General tab.
- Click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
-
Anonymous
2010-03-17T05:13:32+00:00 I am out of idea.
Perhaps you'll need to go the web and download the snipping tool for Win 7.
t-4-2
thats ok, thanks for trying!
-
Anonymous
2010-03-15T06:05:57+00:00 I am out of idea.
Perhaps you'll need to go the web and download the snipping tool for Win 7.
t-4-2