Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-17T18:36:44+00:00

    i cud not find the snippertool.exe at the specified location with my windows 7 in my HP laptop. only the image file was retrived on searching system 32 folder and got pinned to the task bar but nothing opens on clicking it. help me out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T07:25:04+00:00

    so far I haven't gotten it back yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-22T16:32:12+00:00

    I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu

    I found it here too, Thanks Jomark!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-20T23:06:46+00:00

    This worked the best was to enter at the location listed above. Thank you So much for posting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments