You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2012-04-12T13:09:22+00:00 Thank you for the information, but I finally got it back. I had to do the step that you described, I had played around on my computer until I got it back, but the problem is I can not remember how I got it. Oh! I think that I had to go one step further by making sure that I was the administrator of the program.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-12T06:06:17+00:00 I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu
Thanx!
-
Anonymous
2012-01-29T16:01:42+00:00 Johnlive
Because of the age of the post you replied to, I would suggest that you post your question in the Microsoft Answer’s Forum with as much detailed information about your issue as possible which will create a new thread. That will allow the entire online community to examine and hopefully provide insight into your issue.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_7-windows\_programs?tab=all
eddie
-
Anonymous
2012-01-27T17:37:28+00:00 I went to use my snipping tool and a little window came up and said: "This snipping tool is not working on your computer right now. Restart your computer, and then try again. If the problem persists contact your administrator". I am the administrator and I restarted the computer and this did not fix the problem. It was working when I had Microsoft office 2007 loaded, then I deleted that one to load Microsoft office 2010 student addition. Now my snipping tool is still not working, I use windows 7 ultimate. How do I get this tool back on my computer. I tried refreshing the PC Tablet.