You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-03-19T16:39:34+00:00 Since no one answered this as an actual answer, why is it here?
On my list, Tablet PC Components is checked but snipping tool is still missing.
-
Anonymous
2013-01-27T00:53:41+00:00 Yes, it works. Thank you!
-
Anonymous
2013-01-04T16:10:45+00:00 Thanks alot .. I found it there
-
Anonymous
2012-09-07T16:36:30+00:00 This worked for me!