Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-18T09:55:26+00:00

    Excellent the only one that worked just copied and pasted got it back Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-28T05:06:30+00:00

    This was the problem solver I needed.  Put a gold star by your name!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-13T23:42:41+00:00

    I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu

    Thank you for the info. I had a very difficult time trying to figure out what happened to some of my programs after my laptop crashed and restored. The program was hidden within the subfolder of system 32. I was able to type the word "snipp" on the search bar on the same screen, the folder popped out and opened location. Though my issue came years later, it was the exact solution to the problem. My snipping tool is back and now pinned on my desktop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-19T16:42:17+00:00

    Thanks :D

    Easy answers are great

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments