You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-03-05T17:44:08+00:00 Thanks
-
Anonymous
2014-11-11T03:13:30+00:00 THANK YOU!!!
I was wondering what I was doing wrong. I had even done a search and wasn't getting anything. So I returned here and started searching through other answers to see if there was any more about it and... BINGO!!! You were good enough to list the steps in one line. The final key was in accessories!
THANK YOU again so very much for sharing a sprinkle of your experience to help me move a mountain of what I lack.
Take care and God bless (or just thank you if you don't subscribe)
-Mizzy
Centerville, OH
-
Anonymous
2014-10-13T04:24:52+00:00 That was the only thing that "worked"!!! Thank you! I guess Snip decided to play hide-and-seek...
-
Anonymous
2014-09-23T01:26:00+00:00 I don't know why Microsoft engineers and programmers don't understand their system as well as they should.
This may work sometimes, but personally for me, I have yet to find it work at all. Even with meticulously re-starting PC after making changes suggested above in the Control Panel.
What Microsoft always overlooks is that where Registry Cleaning utility tools have disabled something - for example during a system optimisation - then things don't quite go according to Microsoft's little black book. No amount of ticking on and off, or re-setting the Microsoft Features under the options for Tables, will put your snipping tool icon back in your task bar or on your Start Menu if a PC MAINTENANCE software application is over-riding it.
If the above fails to work then the best solution is to find the .exe file and execute it, as suggested below - by Jomark - C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe. That route has never failed for me.