Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-15T06:04:24+00:00

    What I meant was .... uncheck then recheck.

    Sounds weird, but humour me.

    t-4-2

    I did that too. I even unchecked it, saved the settings, restarted, checked it, and restarted. No luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-15T05:20:41+00:00

    What I meant was .... uncheck then recheck.

    Sounds weird, but humour me.

    t-4-2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-15T05:12:09+00:00

    After you have done the above > Start Menu > All Programs > Accessaories ... is it there ?

    t-4-2

    No, no where to be found! :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-15T05:11:46+00:00

    I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

    I do not have Win 7, but....

    In Vista, Snipping Tool can be found in Tablet PC Optional. No reason to exect any different in Win7.

    Go to Programs and Features > left column, Turn Windows Features on or off > check it again Tablet PC Optionals > OK

    t-4-2

    I tried that, it is checked off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments