Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T20:48:54+00:00

    I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu

    I can't get my snipping tool back in my start menu by clicking anywhere.  I want it back. Now. For Free It was part of my Windows 7 and Vista.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-30T11:04:54+00:00

    Thank You - it was right were you said it was. Do not know why it just decided to play hide go seek. Been without it for months and trying to 'restore' it and w/o success. FINALLY - thank you again !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-22T07:06:12+00:00

    If you go in C:\Windows\System32 and search for Snipping Tool, you will find it.

    You don't need in windows 7 to enable "Tablet pc components"

    When you find it, right click and choose what you want: "Pin to taskbar", "Pin to start menu" or even you can send to desktop to create a shortcut.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T11:25:27+00:00

    Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments