You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2010-03-17T05:13:32+00:00 I am out of idea.
Perhaps you'll need to go the web and download the snipping tool for Win 7.
t-4-2
thats ok, thanks for trying!
-
Anonymous
2010-03-15T06:05:57+00:00 I am out of idea.
Perhaps you'll need to go the web and download the snipping tool for Win 7.
t-4-2
-
Anonymous
2010-03-15T06:04:24+00:00 What I meant was .... uncheck then recheck.
Sounds weird, but humour me.
t-4-2
I did that too. I even unchecked it, saved the settings, restarted, checked it, and restarted. No luck
-
Anonymous
2010-03-15T05:20:41+00:00 What I meant was .... uncheck then recheck.
Sounds weird, but humour me.
t-4-2