My battery is set up to charge to 80%. How to I change it to charge a 100%?

Anonymous
2010-01-31T15:47:12+00:00

My battery is set up to charge to 80%. How to I change it to charge a 100%?

I have a laptop samsung Q320

Thanks!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-13T05:58:33+00:00

Click "Start" > All programs > Samsung > Battery Life Extender > Battery Life Extender .  Click "yes" if prompted. When the program launches you should have the option to go back and forth between 100 and 80% on your battery.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-01T04:55:34+00:00

Hi MEY85,

Since you need support for the Samsung Laptop battery to setup a charge of 100%, you may need to get in touch with Samsung for further assistance.

You may refer the following link to contact Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/us/info/contactus.html#

Hope this information is helpful.

Praseetha K

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T01:44:11+00:00

    Thanks so much!  This worked.  It's been driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out how to change it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-09T18:07:34+00:00

    You mean that the laptop will enable charging when the charge falls below 80% and disable charging when it reaches 100%?

    If yes, can the minimum and maximum value be changed? ie can the minimum value be set to 30% and the maximum limit to 90% for example?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T09:51:30+00:00

    This is what worked for me:

    Hit f2 repeatedly at startup (when the Samsung logo appears)

    that will take you to boot options.

    I don't fool with those and it is a good idea to back up your computer before you ever do an f2 boot operation!@

    Find the battery part and choose the configure battery option. it's down the line a few right clicks.

    Do it when the battery is about half full and you have time to let it drain because it takes that long to configure and optimize.

    If it doesn't work, do it again, because mine didn't work at first.

    Then just keep your laptop plugged in and not using the battery for as long as possible.

    The Samsung battery automatically will stop itself from fully charging to extend battery life by not charging to 100%, it's like your car getting used to a new part when you configure this.

    In 3 weeks, my battery is up and running at 100% again, plugged in most of the time. And it actually saves more if you have the right power plan than unplugging the laptop a lot.

    I almost thought it was a power cord issue, the Samsung phone service rushed me through just sending the entire computer in and it would take 10-15 business days and I had to sign a thing that said if they destroy my computer that I'll take one of EQUAL or greater value.

    I opted for finding a web answer like this one.

    Hope it helps and keep looking because there are other ways to do this.  I just couldn't believe Samsung tech's didnt walk me through when its a common problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments