How to sync iphone with Windows 7 Windows Live Mail Contacts?

Anonymous
2010-07-08T23:55:05+00:00

Hello, how can I transfer the contacts in the Windows Live Mail that comes with Windows 7 (NOT the Windows Live that's through the Internet) into my new iphone?  Please let me know at your earliest convenience.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-13T17:24:10+00:00

If you are using Windows Live Mail (online version) with Windows 7, here's what I did.  Hope it helps someone. 

Before you do the following steps, in Windows Live Mail, export your contacts as a CSV file and save it where you can easily locate it. 

1.      Click on the little WINDOWS Ball in the lower left-hand corner of your screen (this is the same as clicking START).

2.      Type WAB in the search box.  The first thing that comes up SHOULD BE a file called WAB.EXE. Double-click so it opens up—it may or may not be empty. This file is NOT the same file as the windows live file so don’t worry about overwriting anything.

3.      Click IMPORT at the top of the screen. 

4.      Select CSV, then click IMPORT again.  It will ask you to find the file you want to import.  Find the backup you made.  

5.      Once it’s done importing, you should see all your contacts.  

6.      Plug in your Apple device—iphone/ipad.

7.      iTunes will launch automatically.  Give it a minute to completely load etc.  

8.      At the top of the screen you will see: SUMMARY INFO APPS MUSIC MOVIES TV SHOWS etc. etc.

9.  Click on INFO

10.  You will see ‘SYNC CONTACTS WITH’. Make sure there is a check in the box and that after ‘with’ you see WINDOWS CONTACTS. If you don’t see WINDOWS CONTACTS, click on the drop-down menu and select it.

11.  Then click on SYNC at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and let it run.

12.  That’s it! 

14.  To sync another device repeat steps 6-12

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-09T00:15:48+00:00

When you sync, open the tab in iTunes marked Info, and check the box to sync contacts.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T01:59:56+00:00

    Hi,

    To answer your query, syncing Windows Live Mail steps provided by Amie Gray is a one time sync only.

    While to answer your query about syncing the Calendar to your iPhone, you can refer to iFiredog's answer found on this link.

    For further queries, feel free to post back.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-16T17:16:44+00:00

    Hi ... I know this is an old thread but I've had it with Outlook 2013 and have just switched back to Windows Live Mail 2012.

    While I haven't tried the sync instructions as yet, they seem pretty simple - thanks for that - not many people are good at converting nerdy computer stuff into the English Language.

    One question though ... is this a one time only sync or will it then sync automatically? For example, if I make a change to my iPhone contacts, will that automatically sync to my Windows Live Contacts (or vice versa), automatically or would I have to hook up my phone and transfer it manually?

    Also ... now that I'm using Windows Live I'm also using its Calendar ... how can I sync this automatically so I can see things I've booked into my calendar on my laptop on my iPhone and vice versa. Is this possibly. The iPhone allows me to check whether I want Outlook or iCloud Calendars ... but I don't see any other options there for Windows Live.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    With thanks in advance.

    Miss Nungles

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments