How to sync iphone with Windows 7 Windows Live Mail Contacts?

Anonymous
2010-07-08T23:55:05+00:00

Hello, how can I transfer the contacts in the Windows Live Mail that comes with Windows 7 (NOT the Windows Live that's through the Internet) into my new iphone?  Please let me know at your earliest convenience.  Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-13T17:24:10+00:00

If you are using Windows Live Mail (online version) with Windows 7, here's what I did.  Hope it helps someone. 

Before you do the following steps, in Windows Live Mail, export your contacts as a CSV file and save it where you can easily locate it. 

1.      Click on the little WINDOWS Ball in the lower left-hand corner of your screen (this is the same as clicking START).

2.      Type WAB in the search box.  The first thing that comes up SHOULD BE a file called WAB.EXE. Double-click so it opens up—it may or may not be empty. This file is NOT the same file as the windows live file so don’t worry about overwriting anything.

3.      Click IMPORT at the top of the screen. 

4.      Select CSV, then click IMPORT again.  It will ask you to find the file you want to import.  Find the backup you made.  

5.      Once it’s done importing, you should see all your contacts.  

6.      Plug in your Apple device—iphone/ipad.

7.      iTunes will launch automatically.  Give it a minute to completely load etc.  

8.      At the top of the screen you will see: SUMMARY INFO APPS MUSIC MOVIES TV SHOWS etc. etc.

9.  Click on INFO

10.  You will see ‘SYNC CONTACTS WITH’. Make sure there is a check in the box and that after ‘with’ you see WINDOWS CONTACTS. If you don’t see WINDOWS CONTACTS, click on the drop-down menu and select it.

11.  Then click on SYNC at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen and let it run.

12.  That’s it! 

14.  To sync another device repeat steps 6-12

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-09T00:15:48+00:00

When you sync, open the tab in iTunes marked Info, and check the box to sync contacts.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-29T21:32:46+00:00

    This worked perfectly!  Thanks so much for accurate, clearly explained directions.  I got it on the first try. :-)

    Debbie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-01T12:13:13+00:00

    Hello, you seem to know what's going on with this stuff. Maybe you can clear this up for me.

    1.  I see that the iTunes sync on the "info" page has 2 options: One is ALL CONTACTS  and the other is an option for SELECTED GROUPS of Contacts. I figure that the SELECTED GROUPS option is to sync is there for the option in case we might not want to sync ALL of the Contacts in our list to our phone. I have over 1000 contacts on my list and I definitely don't want to sync all of them to my phone.

       The proplem is that the button for  SELECTED GROUPS of contacts cannot be clicked on. It's there but nothing happens. It looks like it's all or nothing.

      I'm also afraid that it might wipe out my contacts on my iphone once I sync. I do have a backup though.

    1. I see MobleMe is not an option anymore. It says it is on my phone but I got an answer stating that they are not taking on any new subscribers. I'm trying to use this or something so I can sync a CALENDAR. Is it a lost cause for me to bother trying to sync Windows Live Mail CALENDAR ?

    I'd appreciate any input you've got.

     Thank you, Alec

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-02-29T22:44:36+00:00

    It took me a little while to figure it out. That is my cvs file . but once I got that all set synced perfect!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments