I don't know what PerfectFit does for WordPerfect. But I've eliminated it for the time being. The upgrades didn't fix it, the compatibility change didn't fix it. I finally solved the problem by going to Programs Files>Corel/WordPerfect Office
2002>Programs and found and renamed the >PerfectFit Document Management folder to XXPerfectFit....
This solved the problem, HOWEVER, now when I start WP10 I get the Windows 7 warning "Do you want to allow..." I click yes, and on I go
For me it's a small price to pay while waiting for Corel / MS to effect a patch or upgrade.
Hi all, was going through this thread to correct the issues. I found a couple of interesting things one of which may help out others and not annoying approval every time you run Word Perfect.
First the compatibility did work for me. The read the above quote I decided to take off the compatibility setting and give it a try, it worked. Yet I was still wondering what PerfectFit did so I was leary to leave the program that way on someone elses computer.
I now have Word Perfect working and saving not using compatibility mode or the above. Here is exactly what I did.
As per the quote above I did start with a rename. I renamed the following folder
\Program Files (x86)\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs\PerfectFit Document Management.{C0E10002-0040-0004-C0E1-C0E1C0E1C0E1}
I simply added the word old to the front of PerfectFit. Closed my computer and then opened Corel created a file and saved it just fine.
After doing that just for an experiment I decided to undo the rename. Restarted the computer and everything works as it should without compatibility mode. I am guessing it must have something to do with the numbers after the dot in the folder name. A temp
change fixes the issue some how.