error code 0x80780119 not enough disk space to create shadow copy

Anonymous
2009-11-21T23:17:58+00:00

When I try to create a system image I get an error that there is not enough disk space to create a shadow copy the error code is 0x80780119. I'm using Windows 7 Backup and restore.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-24T01:28:54+00:00

A Workaround Without Repartitioning:

When trying to make a system image of Windows 7, I got error 0x80780119.  After searching this thread (plus others), I found my 100 MB System Reserved partition had grown a large USN journal.  I assigned it drive letter F:.

Fsutil usn queryjournal F:

Then I ran this command to clear and disable the USN journal on my System Reserved partition:

fsutil usn deletejournal /N /D F:

This freed 48 MB.  The USN journal on my System Reserved partition remained disabled after a reboot, which I verified by re-running the query.  Subsequently, I was able to make a system image without error.

Look here for details on FSUtil: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc788042(WS.10).aspx

Mancer, MCITP-EA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-03T14:37:14+00:00

You should be able to find your answer here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/25deba76-464b-4a9d-9b32-a283bb6a88ce


MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-21T23:13:30+00:00

    Sorry but I'm not sure. I never had the problem on non Dell PC's so it appears that your issue may be caused by something. Else. The newer version 9 of the MiniTool Software has a link to their online manual and you might try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-21T22:39:26+00:00

    I would try the utility as I don't think it matters if your PC is by Dell or not

    Thanks for your help Joe576. 

    I have downloaded the utility as you have suggested and have opened it.  It does not show a partition named WINRETOOLS.  Does it exist in a home build Windows 7 Ultimate system? If so, then do I need to hunt for it?  If so, how do I use the utility tool to locate it?  It isn't obvious to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-21T22:11:36+00:00

    I would try the utility as I don't think it matters if your PC is by Dell or not

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments