Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I tried to redeem the Bing rewards which told me that I need to add my phone number. I clicked on the link provided on that page (Add your phone number), tried adding the number, and since then I'm getting blocked over and over again with the following message:
"Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."
I tried adding my other number and yet it kept blocking me. I don't recall violating the terms and conditions. I remember adding my phone number as the security info which I removed later, but that should not stop me from adding the other number.
Please help me with the following.
Edit: The issue has been resolved now.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The issue seems to be solved in this morning. Now I can add my phone number again. Thank you for support.
I've done followup requests and either they never respond, or they respond with the same set of steps to try and resolve it which never fixes the problem.
This is on a MICROSOFT account. Why can't we add phone number to it? Someone needs to answer this question immediately and give us a solution that actually works, rather than the same set of steps that do not work. It's like Microsoft doesn't want to help and could care less about the customer.
I have had this same issue for quite some time but I get "This alias cannot be added to your account". I have opened two different support tickets and each time they dont bother reading my request send me a link on how to add a phone number, then close my ticket. Its frustrating that I have been saving these points and cant use them, and Microsoft Support cant even be bothered to read my tickets.
Microsoft Account Support informed me they are no longer recommending people add cell phone numbers as an alias. Apparently, it's considered old and outdated and they are recommending people use the MS Authenticator app instead.
What I've done is sent in a support request to Microsoft Rewards Support stating what MS Account support informed me of, and that they REMOVE the requirement to have to have a cell phone registered as an alias against the MS account. That's what the Rewards team needs to do.
Cell phone alias is considered old and the way it was implemented is, if you add your number to an MS account, it can't be used on any other account. If you delete it, you cannot reuse that number for any account. It's dumb, but now that MS Account Support considers it antiquated, they're not going to update it.
So it falls on Rewards team to remove that requirement since it's not longer supported by MS Account support.
Good to know. I just submitted my 3rd ticket earlier today. If that fails my 4th ticket will ask that. I am beginning to think the rewards support is all AI bots since they just send canned responses and close everything.