Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I tried to redeem the Bing rewards which told me that I need to add my phone number. I clicked on the link provided on that page (Add your phone number), tried adding the number, and since then I'm getting blocked over and over again with the following message:
"Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."
I tried adding my other number and yet it kept blocking me. I don't recall violating the terms and conditions. I remember adding my phone number as the security info which I removed later, but that should not stop me from adding the other number.
Please help me with the following.
Edit: The issue has been resolved now.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The issue seems to be solved in this morning. Now I can add my phone number again. Thank you for support.
I contacted the rewards support before posting this but haven't heard back yet. Clearing cache did not solve the problem. I tried doing the same from my phone and yet it shows me the same. I discovered that many other users are facing the same issue while trying to redeem their rewards. So this has to be an issue on Microsoft end and not the user end. And it needs to be fixed asap.
I've done followup requests and either they never respond, or they respond with the same set of steps to try and resolve it which never fixes the problem.
This is on a MICROSOFT account. Why can't we add phone number to it? Someone needs to answer this question immediately and give us a solution that actually works, rather than the same set of steps that do not work. It's like Microsoft doesn't want to help and could care less about the customer.
I cannot add a number at all. I've made many Microsoft accounts and I just now realized that one of my main accounts has enough points for a small gift card, so I tried to redeem it. But I keep getting a stupid phone verification page that seems unnecessary, because they already made me verify my email before that. Is there any way to just get around it? because I've used my number on another one of my Microsoft accounts already and it says, "You cannot use the same number from another account to redeem a reward."
I've contacted them several times and all they give is the same response to try various things that I've already tried. Finally, they referred me to Microsoft Account support. Now you're telling us to go to the Bing Rewards Account team.
So who can help? People are getting the run around and that is not good customer service. Someone needs to address this issue head on and fix it for those of us trying to add a phone number to our Microsoft Account so we can redeem rewards.