How to remove the edge sidebar from Edge workspace?

Anonymous
2023-08-27T13:51:46+00:00

Hi.

I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.

I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-08T18:35:34+00:00

try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.

The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T00:19:34+00:00

    I tried this..

    But this didn't work.

    There is a flag to configure Skype in the Workspaces sidebar (for ease of communication when collaborating, perhaps). It may be that the sidebar will be shown regardless of other settings if this option is enabled. Your sidebar is showing Skype.

    In a new tab, open this page: edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype. Select Disabled from the dropdown next to Enable Skype in Workspaces - does this help?

    For those who still with this issue, use the flag mentioned above set to Disabled (edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype), restart the browser and most important:
    Delete the workspace and create a new one.
    The new one will not have the sidebar anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T06:52:06+00:00

    This solution worked for me i am using macos Version 119.0.2132.0 (Official build) Dev(arm64).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T05:21:31+00:00

    I'm having the same issue for a very long time. Why they still haven't fixed this bug yet? Disabling edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype doesn't fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T19:52:53+00:00

    I'm having the same issue for a very long time. Why they still haven't fixed this bug yet? Disabling edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype doesn't fix this issue.

    After doing that step, delete the workspace and create a new one. The new one won't have the sidebar anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments