Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi.
I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.
I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions
After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.
The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.
It worked for you in an Edge workspace window? Or just a regular Edge window? Cos on workspaces it definitely isn't working for me.
Hello,
I just use the regular Edge browser, the steps I took are as follows:
That's it. The vertical sidebar is off. Restart Edge and you are good to go.
Ed
Yeah the title of this whole thread is for Edge Workspace. Not a regular edge window. So I'm glad it worked for you on a regular window but that's not the purpose of this thread and so it's a bit misleading to say it worked for you when it was in a completely different context that what is being talked about here. Makes us lose more time by double checking all the advices thinking it now works, when it actually doesn't for our case.