Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi.
I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.
I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions
After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.
The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.
This solution worked for me i am using macos Version 119.0.2132.0 (Official build) Dev(arm64).
I tried this..
But this didn't work.
There is a flag to configure Skype in the Workspaces sidebar (for ease of communication when collaborating, perhaps). It may be that the sidebar will be shown regardless of other settings if this option is enabled. Your sidebar is showing Skype.
In a new tab, open this page: edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype. Select Disabled from the dropdown next to Enable Skype in Workspaces - does this help?
For those who still with this issue, use the flag mentioned above set to Disabled (edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype), restart the browser and most important:
Delete the workspace and create a new one.
The new one will not have the sidebar anymore.
I also have the same problem. I already toggle off the "always show side bar" then restarted the browser, upon opening it has already been removed but the moment you switch to a workspace you created it shows again.
Still not fixed for macos
Version 119.0.2116.0 (Official build) Dev(arm64)