Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi.
I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.
I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions
After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.
The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.
Where did you find that setting? In edge or in skype? I don't even have Skype installed.
Agreed. This is driving me nuts. I love using workspaces but this stupid sidebar is ruining everything. I'm considering moving to another browser at this point. Such an unnecessary thing to have, these sidebars 😑
Based on the comment from Roberto Andrade1, he was able to remove the sidebar without removing the other workspaces doing the below:
After messing with settings, uninstalling Skype, denying all permissions for skype.com I ventured into searching for other Skype-related Edge settings and found this other one (Entry point for skype in workspace) and just like magic as soon as you turn it on (it's Disabled by default), it fixes the issue for my existing workspace without the need to delete and create a new one!
But what about ALL the other workspaces already created across multiple work accounts? This seems like a bug that should be fixed, and this workaround doesn't really help with existing use cases.