How to remove the edge sidebar from Edge workspace?

Anonymous
2023-08-27T13:51:46+00:00

Hi.

I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.

I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-08T18:35:34+00:00

try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.

The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-30T01:24:14+00:00

    try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T08:15:47+00:00

    Hello,
    I just use the regular Edge browser, the steps I took are as follows:

    1. Edge settings, 2) Sidebar, 3) Show Copilot needs to be turned on,
    2. Always show sidebar needs to be turned off.

    That's it. The vertical sidebar is off. Restart Edge and you are good to go.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Van S 24,470 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-27T17:06:31+00:00

    Please try relaunching your browser, then try turning off the Show Sidebar option again.

    If the issue persists, I recommend submitting a report using the feedback option by pressing Alt + Shift + I on your keyboard or by clicking the 3-dot menu > Help and Feedback > Send feedback. With this, the Edge dev team will be notified about your concern and hopefully address the issue in their next update.

    Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Van S 24,470 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-27T14:54:18+00:00

    Hi, I am Van. I'll be glad to assist you today.

    Please try the workaround below to hide the sidebar.

    1. In the sidebar, click the gear icon settings menu.
    2. In the Customize sidebar, toggle off the Always show sidebar option.

    Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments