Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi.
I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.
I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions
After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.
The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.
This is false, there is no such toggle/option "Always show sidebar".
Horrible disgusting bloated Web browser. You have purposely made it very difficult and tedious to turn off all the ****. Everything designed to give and keep for yourselves maximum control over the user and the harvesting of their data.
I'm having the same issue for a very long time. Why they still haven't fixed this bug yet? Disabling edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype doesn't fix this issue.
After doing that step, delete the workspace and create a new one. The new one won't have the sidebar anymore.
I tried this..
But this didn't work.
There is a flag to configure Skype in the Workspaces sidebar (for ease of communication when collaborating, perhaps). It may be that the sidebar will be shown regardless of other settings if this option is enabled. Your sidebar is showing Skype.
In a new tab, open this page: edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype. Select Disabled from the dropdown next to Enable Skype in Workspaces - does this help?
You are most welcome. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance.