How to make Edge to open links on the same tab by default

Anonymous
2024-04-21T01:54:59+00:00

I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.

Microsoft Edge | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-02T14:37:42+00:00

Hi I've found how to solve this issue

the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)

  1. Search Something on Bing
  2. Tap the 3-dash button setting on the upper right corner
  3. open safety search
  4. in safety search, turn off open new tab after link click
  5. make sure you save the setting

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T17:19:45+00:00

    Yes this worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T10:58:00+00:00

    I had previously been able to find a setting that allowed site links to open in the same tab from which it was clicked, but there must have been an update because it has reverted back. Now I cannot find the setting and this information given here does not help because under the Pop-ups section, that toggle switch that is mentioned is not even available, it's not there. And why should an update cause my settings to change?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T21:57:12+00:00

    Willie Zen , I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to research and post this solution. Much appreciated. Worked instantly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T18:24:20+00:00

    THANK YOU!!!!!

    This has been a problem for a LONG time, so grateful!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments