Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
- Search Something on Bing
- Tap the 3-dash button setting on the upper right corner
- open safety search
- in safety search, turn off open new tab after link click
- make sure you save the setting
Nice! it works ! Thanks
great for everyone to need fix, now in my OS shows 2 options:
Results
Open links from search results in a new tab or windowOpen links from news results in a new tab or window
first one makes the things work... Second one I made some tests, and I let it deactivate too, I didn't understand when this "new results" happens ;)
Page was created April 21 2024, it's November, and the specified links don't exist. I do not feel like rummaging through the setup menus searching how to disable what I consider a brain dead "feature".
yay
Is there anyone that likes having every damned link open a new tab? I hate it.
Hello Samuel,
Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.
To make Microsoft Edge open links in the same tab by default, you may solve it by following steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three dots (...) at the top right corner of the browser to open the menu.
- Select "Settings" from the menu.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and click on "Site permissions."
- Click on "Pop-ups and redirects."
- Toggle off the option that says "Open sites in new tabs after I click on a link."
After making this change, Edge should now open links in the same tab by default. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you for your interest and support of Microsoft products.
Kind regards,
Yoshitomo
There's no such thing as "site permissions."