Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
Willie Zen , I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to research and post this solution. Much appreciated. Worked instantly.
I had previously been able to find a setting that allowed site links to open in the same tab from which it was clicked, but there must have been an update because it has reverted back. Now I cannot find the setting and this information given here does not help because under the Pop-ups section, that toggle switch that is mentioned is not even available, it's not there. And why should an update cause my settings to change?
Yes this worked for me.
This works if you're doing a search for other sites within the same tab. If you click on a link, it will open on the same tab. But if I click on a link from my Collections, it opens a new tab for every link I click in the Collection. However, my work computer still opens the Collection link in the same tab I'm in. I wonder how they set it up there.